Venmo is a popular mobile payment app owned by PayPal that allows you to pay your friends for goods and services or send money to them. You can also use Venmo to receive payments from others.
In most cases, the majority of users who use Venmo directly link their debit card or credit card to complete Venmo payments.
However, if someone sends money to your Venmo account, you can use that balance to pay for services.
One of the great features of Venmo is that you can use your Venmo balance to make payments instead of having to enter your debit or credit card information each time.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to pay with your Venmo balance and how to use your Venmo balance to send money to other Venmo users. Let’s get started!
Quick & Easy Payment Methods on Venmo App
Each user on the Venmo mobile app has complete freedom to pick the payment method that is most convenient for them.
Users may use Venmo to receive payments, transfer money, and keep track of finances on their mobile devices.
Because most people transfer money using a linked credit card or debit card, many do not realize that they may transfer money and withdraw it from the platform’s balance.
People don’t realize that once they receive funds into their profile, they may use that balance in various ways.
1. Link your Bank Account or Debit Cards
You’ll be able to pay friends in minutes if you associate a new bank account with your profile.
You can link your bank account or debit card to your Venmo account to easily transfer money.
1. Open the Venmo app and sign in if you haven’t already.
2. Tap your photo or initials and go to the “Me” section.
3. Tap the Settings icon in the top right of the screen.
4. Select “Payment Methods.”
5. Tap “Add bank or card…”, then select “Bank” or “Card.”
6. If you are adding a bank account, choose your verification method. Alternatively, if you are adding a card, proceed by entering your card information manually or with your phone’s camera.
Keep in mind that a regular transfer might take up to 5 business days, whereas an immediate transfer costs money.
2. Venmo Mastercard Debit Card
The Venmo Mastercard® Debit Card is an excellent way to access your Venmo balance anywhere Mastercard is accepted. With this card, you can easily and conveniently make purchases anywhere in the United States and its territories.
Additionally, the card is linked directly to your Venmo account, so you can be sure that your balance funds are always accessible.
Keep in mind that the Venmo debit card may be connected to your balance and bank account.
You can apply for a Venmo debit card easily:
1. Open the Venmo app, go to the “Cards” tab and look under Venmo Debit Card to get started. To get started, launch the Venmo app and navigate to the “Cards” section. Then, look for Venmo Debit Card to join up.
2. You will need to provide your personal information to open a new card account.
Whether you’re shopping for groceries or grabbing a coffee with friends, the Venmo Mastercard Debit Card is the ideal way to pay.
3. Pay with Venmo Balances
Paying with a Venmo balance is one of the quickest and easiest ways to pay on Venmo.
When you have a positive Venmo balance, you have money in your account that you can use to pay other Venmo users or make purchases at participating businesses.
If you’re looking to use your Venmo balance to pay, there are two things you need to know.
First, check to make sure that you have enough funds in your balance to cover the purchase. If not, you’ll need to add funds to your balance before proceeding.
Second, you will need to learn how to verify your identity on Venmo.
We will show you how to pay from your Venmo balance:
1. To pay with your Venmo balance, open the Venmo app and tap the “Pay” tab.
2. You must complete the Venmo KYC process to verify your profile. Once you try to use the features available in the mobile app, a screen prompting to ask you to verify will show up.
3. To pay someone with your Venmo balance, tap the “Pay” or “Request” button. Subsequently, proceed by typing the recipient’s Venmo username associated with their account.
4. Then, select “Venmo balance” as the payment method you’d like to use.
5. Lastly, confirm your payment by selecting “Confirm” at the bottom of the screen.
Note that the app will utilize your balance rather than taking money from your account or card.
There you have it! We illustrated how to use your Venmo balance instead of your bank account. This can be especially helpful when traveling or not having access to a traditional banking institution.
How to Check if You Have Money In Your Venmo Account
You can find out how much money is in your account via the Venmo app:
1. Tap your photo or initials to access the “Me” section.
2. The funds in your Venmo account will appear at the top of your personal transaction feed.
With Venmo, there’s no need to carry cash or write cheques — just send money with a few taps!
How to Use Venmo Balance Instead of Bank Account – Conclusion
We hope this quick guide on how to send money from your Venmo balance was helpful.
Now that you understand how to use your Venmo balance to pay someone, there’s no need to keep extra cash in your chequing account.
As you have learned how to pay someone with your Venmo balance, there are no more excuses for forgetting to pay your friends back for dinner.
Keep in mind that there can be some restrictions on what you can and cannot purchase with your Venmo balance, but for the most part, you should be able to buy whatever you need.
Just make sure you have enough money in your Venmo account to cover the purchase cost!
You’ll probably never want to get your Venmo account frozen, but if you do then we’ve got the steps for unfreezing it.
The first reason is that you may not have enough money in your Venmo balance to cover the purchase.
The second reason is that you haven’t verified your identity.
Another reason is the merchant doesn’t accept payments from Venmo.
You can send a Venmo payment to a friend’s phone number or email address, but the payment may be displayed as “Incomplete.”
In that case, your friend should sign up for a Venmo account or add another email address to their Venmo account.
Venmo is safe as long as you take the necessary precautions.
Venmo is a very convenient way to send and receive money, but there is always a risk of being hacked like any online service.
Also, you should always check the transaction history to ensure the correct person received the payment.